Monday 25 October 2010

15 minutes of freedom


My saviours

I'm not the first parent to make this confession and I certainly won't be the last: I LOVE CBEEBIES!

More specifically than that, I love CBeebies at 7.25am on weekdays. As at this point every day, a miraculous thing happens; my lovely but all-consuming, clingy son becomes engrossed in the CBeebies birthday song, followed by the whole of the Tweenies for 15 whole minutes leaving me to luxuriate in a bit of 'me' time (that is, laundry, washing-up and cleaning duties).

Back in the pre-baby days, 15 minutes would have been the time I would take to put on my make-up, or perhaps make a sandwich or even had a casual flick through Facebook. Nowadays however, 15 minutes has turned into my chance to get EVERYTHING done.

It is my daily mission impossible until the end credits of the Tweenies goes off...

No comments: